Dear North Fulton Neighbor,
Welcome! Thank you for visiting my website. It is my honor to be representing District 1 as your Fulton County Commissioner.
With my experience in the private sector, on the Fulton County Board of Education and the Johns Creek City Council, I knew the issues we faced on day one as I was sworn in January, 2011. Since that time, my focus has been toward reforming significant sectors of Fulton County government. Addressing the needs of the largest county in the state can be daunting, but we have made improvements that are worthy of note and that will remain a priority. Highlighting our accomplishments:
• Strengthened the relationship with our newly formed cities in North Fulton and the County;
• Reformed our judicial system by improving efficiencies and court operations; held courts responsible for their budgets; reduced rate of recidivism through various programs and Accountability Courts;
• Maintained fiscal constraint wherever possible, encouraged critical review of spending; supported legislative reform that required accountability;
• Promoted and supported North Fulton Voter Registration Initiatives; called for on-site improvements, accurate reporting, and increased voting locations in North Fulton;
• Supported essential and mandated services, including our commitment to Grady Hospital;
• Advocated for increasing senior and veterans services in North Fulton;
• Advocated for non-profit agencies that serve as a safety net for the underprivileged in our North Fulton community.
Beginning this year, the Fulton County Board of Commissioners will have three new districts. These new districts produce greater representation for nearly half of the county. North Fulton will now be represented by by both Districts 1 and 2. This new Commission will bring a fresh perspective to Fulton County Government that is long overdue.
I was deeply honored to have served the citizens of District 3 for the past four years. i am now priviledged to continue serving North Fulton as the District 1 Commissioner. In a second term, I will look forward to building upon our accomplishments and continue to improve all county services and efficiencies through innovation and effective management.
This is a challenging, and yet exciting time for Fulton County. I am proud to be a part of its rich history and its future possibilities. The issues we face are great, but my priority is to promote and protect the interests of our citizens, businesses and quality of life in North Fulton. I am confident that the new county commission will work together to make Fulton County a prideful place to live, work and play in Georgia.
As always, I remain your voice in Fulton County government and your feedback on the Future of Fulton is encouraged. Please let me hear from you how we can improve Fulton County.
Thank you for giving me the opportunity to continue to serve our community.